|The program was implemented with King Baudouin Foundation funds, in collaboration with Bodossakis Foundation.||
The program’s purpose is to meet the food needs of breadlines and charities, which made a request in the Food Bank, but they are not part of their network.
15 organizations have accepted funds, from Athens and three other regions in Greece (Drama, Aegina, Aitoloakarnania).
3.883 people were given food, additional to the 43.000 that Food Bank permanently helps.
Estimatedly*, we offered 40.000 food portions and 3.000 glasses of milk, in such circumstances, when food needs are increased, due to pandemic’s economic impact.
*Estimation is based on equivalent state programs methodology, with more conservative calculations by 30%.
- Social Convenience Store of Thermos Municipality, Aitoloakarnania
- Ladies Union of Drama
- Women’s Union of Crete
- Social Convenience Store of Aegina’s Municipality
- Metadrasi (Athens)
- Saint Panteleimon’s Church (Drapetsona)
- Social Convenience Store of Salamina’s Municipality
- Saint Stylianos’ Church (Korydallos)
- Saint George’s Church (Perama)
- 23rd Public Elementary School (Acharnai)
- “Pandourides” Cultural Union (Perama)
- Transformation of the Savior’s Church (Dilesi)
- “O Evangelismos tis Theotokou” nursing home (Athens)
- “Desmoi Allilegiis” (Athens)
Emergency Food Fund is an umbrella program, which includes discrete food purchase actions from specific funds for vulnerable people’s nutritious needs. The program launched within 2020, due to needs that emerged from the pandemic.